Countries We Represent
The southernmost Baltic state – Lithuania is the largest and the most populous country. The capital of the country is Vilnius – a beautiful and picturesque city that is located on the banks of two rivers – Neris and Vilnia. Lithuania is situated in a strategic location between East and West Europe and has a very complicated history.
Lithuania is famous for its culinary export – the cold beet soup. Lithuanian culture is a legacy of its history and has both – a respect for the traditions and a will to innovate and incorporate new things. Lithuania is a member of both NATO and EU.
Lithuania is a country that has a long history of excellent education standards and regal universities. The Vilnius University, which was founded in the year 1579 is a testimony to this. It is a huge Renaissance style complex and houses innumerable inner courtyards – almost like a tiny city within Vilnius city. Lithuanian education standards are very high and a degree from Lithuanian universities will open many new doors for you.
You can find out about study opportunities in Lithuania online. There are many resources available that will provide you information on study in Lithuania. Lithuania is a great city for living and studying or for tourism.
Why study in Lithuania?
Lithuanians are friendly and educated and you will enjoy your stay in Lithuania. Moreover, as Lithuania is a member of the EU, a degree from Lithuania is equivalent to that from any other European country. Lithuania has also signed agreements with over 16 countries regarding academic exchanges. Although public schools use Lithuanian as a medium of instruction, other languages can also be used if the students or teachers are foreigners or if the curriculum demands it.
Lithuanian government funds the education of the best graduates and they are not required to pay the tuition fee. Although every Lithuanian university has its own fee, students can avail the State sponsored loan to cover it. The state funded seats – fifty at universities and another fifty at schools are available for the permanent residents of the Economic Area and the European Union as well as foreigners with permanent residence in Lithuania. A one year equalizing course in the Lithuanian language can also be arranged at the Universities for foreign students who wish to learn the language.
Living costs in Lithuania are considerably less than the other countries of the European Union and you can enjoy the benefit of an education from an EU country without paying the hefty costs. Lithuania has many places for tourists so you will have plenty to occupy your free time. A degree from Lithuania will help you gain a job all over the world. Lithuania is one of the best places to pursue higher education.
Lithuania (PAID UNIVERSITY)
- Lithuanian University of Health Sciences
- Vytautas Magnus University (VMU)
- Vilnius Gediminas Technical University (VGTU)
- Mykolas Romeris University (MRU)
- ISM University of Management and Economics
- International Business School at Vilnius University
- Siauliai State College
- Vilnius College of Technologies and Design
- Vilnius College of Design
- SMK University of Applied Social Sciences
- Vilnius Business College
- Lithuanian University of Educational Sciences
National Visa D (Study Purpose)
A person who a student is arriving in the Republic of Lithuania to the successive full-time studies a higher education establishment operating in the Republic of Lithuania should apply for a multiple entry national visa D, which could be applied for only at Lithuanian Embassy.
- Completed and signed application form, 1 recent passport photo 35×45 colourful, with white background.
- A legal travel document – passport (containing at least 2 blank pages, issued within the previous 10 years, its period of validity must exceed the validity period of the requested visa by at least six months).
- Valid health insurance, covering the extent of stay, and its copy. The amount of medical insurance coverage – LTL 20 000 (EUR 5792, 40).
- A confirmed Air ticket reservation.
- Mediation letter from the higher educational institution in Lithuania.
- Registration documentation of the educational institution in Lithuania.
- Means of subsistence ( 150 EUR for every month of planned stay) in the Republic of Lithuania (minimum last 3 months original bank account statements/ pay slips etc.; in case of sponsorship – Affidavit of Sponsorship from parents/relatives and their bank account statements for minimum 3 months).
- No Consular fee applied.
IMPORTANT: The Lithuanian Embassy reserves the right to ask for additional documents.
Important information for student visa applicants
- Students/education advisors/agents are requested to strictly follow the below listed guidelines: Student visa applications are to be submitted personally.
- At the time of interview applicants should be able to motivate their purposes to study in Lithuania as well as acquaintance with the study programme. Non ability of an applicant to communicate in English may lead to visa rejection.
- All visa application supporting documents (air ticket reservation, travel insurance, financial documents etc.) have to be honest and valid. Visa application holding any fake/invalid document will lead to visa denial.
- Air ticket booking itineraries are to be printed on travel agent/airlines letter head or printed from the website. The flight itinerary must show the details of the traveler, flight details, and confirmation number.
- Cancelled air ticket reservations are considered invalid. Air ticket reservations will regularly be checked even after issuing visa, and if these are found cancelled, this may lead to cancellation of the visa, while informing airport authorities.
- Financial papers like bank account statements/ bank certificates etc. are to be submitted in original.
- Student visa application processing time is 14 days, if additional consultation is not required.
- Education consultants/Agents found submitting forged documents will be blacklisted.
Working hours of the Visa Section:
- Tuesday and Thursday 10.00-13.00 (for submission of documents)
- Monday and Friday 11.00-12.00 (for collection of documents)
- Reception time is only for submission of visa applications and supporting documents, no consultation on visas will be provided.
- Visa application and supporting documents shall be presented by the applicant personally. Visa applications received by post, fax or courier will not be considered by the consular officer.
- All documents shall be submitted along with its’ copies. No copying services will be provided at the Visa Section.
- All documents shall be submitted in the same order as per the list of requirements given above.
- Please prepare carefully your visa application and supporting documents. Any missing information may lead to visa application decline, deny or process delay. Any missing or incomplete documentation will require you to come another time to the Visa Section.
- Visa application processing time- 14 days, if additional consultation is not required.