About Northern Cyprus
Countries We Represent
Northern Cyprus (TRNC) is the most easterly of the Mediterranean islands and the third biggest in the area after Sicily and Sardinia. There are more than 50,000 university students from 70 different countries currently enrolled in 8 major universities in Northern Cyprus. For a quality education at affordable fees, Northern Cyprus is the choice that thousands of students make every year.
The urban population is employed mainly in the service industry and light industries such as beverages, clothing, and construction and in other commercial establishments. The rural population lives in villages. There are some 195 villages in North Cyprus. People in rural areas are mainly engaged in agriculture and produce a variety of crops. Wheat, barley, olives, carobs, melon, grapes, figs, potatoes and basic vegetables are grown commercially on a moderate scale. Citrus is the main export produce, however, exports from Northern Cyprus have been restricted to a great extent, due to the political status of the state.
The service industry has recently shown an increase mainly in Tourism, Banking and Education. The slow development in the economy has become an advantage for Tourism since it has resulted in unspoiled countryside and thus very low pollution. Education has recently developed to become one of the major sources of revenue, with 5 private universities being opened in the last 10 years, offering a good standard of international education to the students attending from neighboring countries, mainly Turkey.
Why study in Northern Cyprus?
- Quality education at international standards in English.
- Internationally recognized undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Education in line with the Amereican Credit System.
- Qualified faculty members at international standards.
- On-campus education with a wide range of facilities.
- Affordable tuition fees and moderate living expenses.
- Excellent facilities for social, cultural and sports activities.
- Medical insurance, provided by the government of Northern Cyprus.
- Transport, shops and entertainment are close at hand.
- Accommodation on campus and around the city.
Northern Cyprus (PAID UNIVERSITY)
Student Visa Requirement
- Original passport
- One Application form duly filled
- 4 photographs with 2.5 inch x 2.5 inch size / white background / 80 % face cover
- Original letter from the company/institution to which the person is affiliated. (The letter has to State the designation of the traveling person. The letter has to include the employer’s full name, Address and Phone number and has to be signed by the authorized official.)
- Original print-out of bank statements for the 15 days or 1 month. Credit card copies are not accepted.
- Financial documents:
- Bank statement (should be MEA Apostle) with seal & Signature of bank should be there.
- Bank certificate and affidavit)
- Minimum balance 5 lack (Student account)
- Acceptance Letter from Northern Cyprus University.
- Work Exp in case of Gap available
- Confirmed return ticket (Itinerary)
- PCC (should be apostle from MEA)
- If the person applies from a country other than his/her homeland, then he/she should also submit his/her valid residence permit or any document that proves he/she legally stays in that country.
Embassy of Turkey (New Delhi)
- 50-N, Nyaya Marg, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi – 110021
- Tel: 011 2410 1975
- Emails :- [email protected]