Countries We Represent
Spain is a country that is famous for its sights and tourist destinations. It has the largest number of cities that are counted as World Heritage cities and is the second country after Italy to have the most UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Spain is an exotic and welcoming country in Europe. It has a relaxed lifestyle, mouthwatering cuisine and a very vibrant nightlife. Spanish people are very friendly and known for this hospitality. Spanish folklore and festivals also contribute to its popularity.
The beaches in Spain are great and the cities are filled with cultural and religious relics. But it is not only a country for long holidays on the beach. This culturally and geographically diverse nation has many surprises for tourists and visitors. Although tourists flock the city during summers for its beaches, you should also visit during the winters to see some of the best attractions.
Spain is also a great country to pursue higher education. You can find out about Spain through several resources. Spanish education is one of the best and the Spanish language is gaining much importance all over the world. Students can get a do study and research in Spain and learn this very popular language at the same time in Spain.
Why study in Spain?
Of course, there are many other European countries, but there are only a few that can match the standard of living that Spain offers. It is cheaper as well as more enjoyable. Spain has a very mild climate and varied culture that will provide the ideal place to learn and relax. A pleasant lifestyle is an added benefit.
There are several reasons why students prefer to study in Spain. There are plenty of educational opportunities in Spain. The Spanish language is the third most popular language of the world. For students from Spain and some other countries, even a student visa is not required for a stay of up to three months.
The capital city, Madrid is full of wonders. Spanish people believe in living and enjoying life. You will gain professional satisfaction by applying the Spanish philosophy of inner happiness. Spain is a hub of commerce, values, tradition and history and can provide great opportunities for students who wish to learn. You can also learn Spanish- a language that has become very essential in today’s business world and will provide you an edge in this cut throat competition. You can interact with locals and learn the language first hand. Spanish universities are amongst the top ranked in the world and provide many courses. You can pursue your masters in Spain. You can also study in Spain without IELTS. Spain is the ideal country for study and research and if you wish to get a great career, you should consider Spain for higher education.
Spain (PAID UNIVERSITY)
Students Visas (For duration more than 180 days)
The following documents are essential for a complete visa application.
- Application Form: Application for National Visa.
- The application must be submitted personally by the applicant at the Embassy of Spain in New Delhi or Consulate General of Spain in Mumbai, strictly in accordance with the current place of residence of the applicant. Applications sent by courier or by post are not entertained.
- The fee must be paid via bank draft payable at New Delhi/Mumbai in favor of EMBASSY OF SPAIN, NEW DELHI or CONSULATE GENERAL OF SPAIN, MUMBAI, in accordance with the place of application. The applicant must write his/her name, date of birth, and passport number behind the draft. A photocopy of the draft must be submitted along with the application.
- Passport of the applicant which should be valid for at least four months at the time of submission. Photocopy of all the pages of the previous (if any) and present passport must be submitted.
- Original Application form for National Visa duly filled in and signed by the applicant in blue ball point ink. A recent photograph (35-45 mm) of the applicant with white background must be attached in the application form. The application form must be correctly filled, facilitating all the possible information requested in the form including postal address, email address and telephone number.
- In case of minors (below 18 years), the application form must be signed by both the parents. Photocopies of passports of both the parents, attested by notary public, must be attached.
- In case the minor (below 18 years), is accompanied by either of the parents, a no objection affidavit from the parent not traveling must be submitted.
- For un-accompanied minors, authorization from the parents or the legal guardian is required for his/her/their displacement to Spain, executed before notary public, in which centre responsible for the activity and the proposed duration of stay must be mentioned.
- Two photocopies of the application form along with two recent photographs (35 – 45 mm) of the applicant with white background.
- Original admission letter in an officially recognized educational centre, public or private, for study purpose. This letter should include the code number (if any) assigned to the centre by the “Registro Nacional de Universidades, Centros y Enseñanzas”, or by the “Registro Estatal de Centros Docentes no Universitarios” (both run by the Ministry of Education and Science) or to the investigation centres as such recognized by the Ministry of Industry, Tourism and Commerce or by the Ministry of Education and Science.
- Original letter from the educational centre with the contact details of the centre, date of commencement and date of completion of the course, programme of studies to be followed.
- Medical Certificate issued by any registered medical practitioner and photocopy stating that “the applicant is not suffering from any disease that can have repercussions any on the public health in accordance with the International Sanitary Act 2005”. The document at the time of submission must be less than three months old.
- In case of Delhi, medical certificates issued only by the following hospitals will be accepted: Max Healthcare, Fortis Hospitals, Primus Super Speciality Hospital, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, All India Institute of Medical Sciences. The document, at the time of submission must be less than three months old.
- Police Clearance Certificate issued by the competent authorities of the country. In case of India, this certificate must be issued by the Regional Passport Office and must bear the stamp of Apostille of Hague issued by Ministry of External Affairs, in India. In case of Nepal, Sri Lanka, the Maldives and Bhutan, the certificate must be issued by the corresponding competent authorities. This document must further be legalized by the respective Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Diplomatic Mission of the country in New Delhi. The document, at the time of submission, must be less than three months old.
- In case the applicant has resided in any other country during the last five years, a Criminal Record Certificate must be submitted along with the stamp of Apostille of Hague or legalization from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Diplomatic Mission of the country in New Delhi( which ever be applicable).
- Photocopy of previous academic qualifications.
- Proof of economic means to undertake studies in Spain and to support the entire duration of stay in Spain. The supportive documents can be either of the applicant or of the parents. In case the parent(s) of the applicant sponsor his/her studies, the application must contain a letter of responsibility signed in original by either or of both the parents. A photocopy of the passport of the parent(s) is mandatory.
- Proof of accommodation during the stay in Spain. Hotel reservations are not considered as proof of accommodation.
- Proof of travel insurance (for the entire duration of stay in Spain) to cover the expenses which might arise in connection with repatriation for medical reasons, urgent medical attention and /or emergency hospital treatment The insurance must be valid throughout the Schengen territory and cover the entire period of the person´s stay. The minimum coverage will be 30,000 Euros or 50.000 US dollars.
- If the applicant is not a national of India, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Nepal or the Maldives, a proof of his/her legal residence in any of these countries (Residence permit).
Embassy of Spain in New Delhi
- 12, Prithviraj Road, New Delhi, Delhi – 110011
- Tel: 011 4129 3000